Sunday 5 May 2013

Inna Babaeva

I found this artist who uses expanding foam that starts off working from a controlled space/object but then the material is allowed to work more organically and uncontrolled by setting freely. This links with my project because im working on the idea of transformation of the body and as the shapes start off on an object they distort and change to something as though its grown or evolved into another shape, yet still the object is partially recognisable. I also like that the shape has been spray painted afterwards, the foam reminds me of skin and fat that has formed then the control of making it another colour. I like the contrast between contolling a material and allowing it to work freely to get an unexpected outcome.
 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment