Wednesday 8 January 2014

Fuz and Lumps

So we have an exhibition week next week showing the work we've made so far at a more finalized stage. I find it really hard getting my work to an end point and figuring out titles because I very rarely consider what ive done any more than an exploratory stage.

Anyway, Ive been following on from a few experiments ive previously done but trying out things slightly differently. Ive been focusing a bit more on textures and imprinting onto materials.
I tried using clothing that's a bit more fluffy with looser fibres that can be pulled off. It definitely worked a lot better and created a layer of 'fur' on the cast. It really reminds me of the fuzz baby animals grow that's a bit patchy and wispy or a boys bad attempt at growing a 'man beard'. Hm.

The colour was a total accident, i forgot to add colour so its a bit of a mix but i don't really mind that you can see my mistake just makes this piece a bit more awkward. Plus the colours aren't exactly nice...

I wanted this to take the slight shape of something recognizable and used a plastic bottle although the fabric has mutated some of the shapes.



I did try out some usual stuff but trying to manipulate the shape they came out into more bodily forms and sizes that i think look kinda funny. I wanted to play on the idea of having 'a handfuls enough' replicating the idea people have of being sexy using lace tights but compared to the awkward bulky lump like shapes. Like my dad always says you cant polish a turd, very true dad.




I dont know if I like this one yet, I cast inside of a shoe and let the plaster spill out. I like that the top part is  an attempt at being in a precise form but soon goes wrong and spills out. It didnt take the fluffy texture as well for some reason, maybe its just the colour that doesnt let it show as strongly im not too sure. I really hate this colour though I dont know why i did it. I think this furthers my starting point of fat and the cankle 
(calf/ankle) effect, its probably quite literal but the fact that its cast from a shoe isnt as obvious.



This experiment was just me trying out textures and the lump type shapes, again the colour is horrible but i was only using what plaster i had left over.








No comments:

Post a Comment