Wednesday 8 January 2014

Exhibition Problems

I need to try different ways of displaying and curating my work for next week and im really lost as to what to try! 

I have thought about creating a shallow shelf to place the smaller casts on as a way of trying to organise them like specimens to be viewed in a medical lab. I like this idea of collating the 'specimens' as they relate to bodies and skin that need to be examined closely and judged much like body image and perception. I want to play around with the level i could put the shelf. Either to place it at eye level so its very easy to view or lower it to force the viewer to bend down and make the effort to examine it closely. 
Im really bad with DIY so ive been looking at different types of shelving brackets to use. A really simple way i could do it would be to place nails into the wall and balance a piece of wood ontop. Thats probably the option il go with because its at my experience level! Id want to paint the wood white to match up with the walls. I could also buy some simple brackets that the wood can sit on.



I also like the cabinet of curiosities type presentation as though its a collection of samples and findings put into an order to be viewed as points of interest. Again, my skill level isnt great and theres measurements id have to take for this to create correct size shelves. Also, working out where to put nails to piece it together would be difficult.



No comments:

Post a Comment