Tuesday 25 September 2012

Barry Flanagan

Chatsworth House-Initial Research

I'm looking forward to seeing Barry Flanagans work in the gardens of Chatsworth House. His sculptures of hares remind me of Tim Burtons sketches of strange warped characters that are similar to a comic child like style. His sculptures are made from broze so I'm interested to see what effect this has to contrast with the subject matter.




There are also a collection of drawings and paintings in the Old Masters Drawing Cabinet such as Leonardo Da Vinci's 'Leda and the Swan'. I like the way he uses curves and hatched lines to make it 3D, from this i would like to try doing my own sketches using his technique.

Leda and the Swan by Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.chatsworth.org/whats-on/events/beyond-limits-sculpture-exhibition-in-the-garden

No comments:

Post a Comment