Sunday 7 April 2013

5 Week Rationale


5 Week Rationale






Plan



Week 1


The first week I need to try small quick experiments with proxemics and make notes of the evidence I found. From the results I need to evaluate what aspects I find most interesting and that could be used within my work. I need to continually be researching and getting ideas for experiments I can try. From these I want to make quick maquettes that will can keep people at certain distances or participate more than one person to record the reactions and feelings of the people using them.

Week 2


From the results of the experiments I want to make larger maquettes and experiment with appropriate materials. I don’t need to focus on a reasoning for the material just one that’s most suitable and wearable so needs to be lightweight and easy to use. Or part of it could be how difficult and awkward it is to use. Record people using/interacting with the sculpture by photos and videos. From this plan a more refined sketch and ideas for final piece.

Week 3


Experiment further with materials making different maquettes with different materials and find which works best and fits the purpose of the original idea I have. Plan final piece and final materials that I need to collect in preparation for next week.

Week 4


Start making final piece, test throughout with others and ask their opinions and ideas to improve it. Records people’s reactions and evaluate if it’s working the way I want.

Week 5


From last evaluations make changes if I need to and decide how I want to display my piece if it needs to be central and intrusive to make people interact or hidden away to make people go look further into it. See whether people treat it as a sculpture or decide to interact with it once it’s been displayed in a exhibition type manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment